What Makes Outdoor Pizza Oven Better Than A Regular Oven?
In This Article:
Pizza cooked in an outdoor pizza oven differs significantly from pizza cooked in a regular oven in several ways.
The ability of the wood-fired oven to reach high temperatures is its primary advantage. And it will blow your mind after just one bite.
It differs from standard ovens in several ways. Have you ever heard of Neapolitan Pizza?
This type of pizza is commonly associated with Italy. The smoky, crispy, crunchy toppings and fluffy crust alone are reasons to try it.
You will get an authentic taste of Italy when you try it. Pizza cooked in these ovens cannot be compared to pizza cooked in standard pizza ovens.
Outdoor Pizza Oven Vs Regular Oven
• Higher temperatures, ranging from 500 °F to 900 °F, are ideal for cooking the pizza in approximately 90 seconds.
• The texture is noticeably best in outdoor ovens, with crisp crusts but moist interiors.
• The flavor is enhanced by wood smoke in wood-fired ovens, and the texture is heavenly. However, it is not commonly seen in the standard oven because they only use gas or electricity.
• Higher temperatures cause a faster rise or “oven spring,” which results in larger crusts. As a result of the regular oven’s lower heat retention capacity, we frequently see this.
Benefits of the Wood Fired Pizza Oven
There are several benefits of it which you can’t see in the regular conventional oven:
• Cooking Higher Temperatures- Because of the large thermal mass of the fired woods, the wood-fired oven will produce a lot of heat.
Whereas conventional ovens only have an electric and gas element, which cannot reach the higher temperatures that the wood-fired ovens can.
Temperatures in wood-fired ovens can range from 750 to 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
• It Will Give You a Quicker Cooking Experience- The ability of the Wood Fired Ovens to retain temperature into its dome, walls, and open flame provides the perfect combination to cook the pizza in less time.
You can make the pizza within these ovens in as little as 2-3 minutes. So you can make your delicious pizza in record time.
• You Can Make the Crispiest Pizza- Your pizza will become crisper from the high temperature from the fired wood and the heat from the inside.
So you can feel the light and bubbly crust in your pizza, and the Pizza Toppings add a distinct smoky flavor to your pizza.
• Toppings That Are Crisper- The intense heat and consistent airflow generated by the pizza oven cook quickly and seal the flavor of the toppings.
Toppings you use, whether fresh mozzarella, red onion, cherries, and arugula with a balsamic glaze, are crispier than those baked in a conventional oven. It takes on a distinct taste and texture.
Finally, the pizza is crisp on the outside while remaining chewy and moist on the inside.
• Advantages for Health- Pizza cooked in a wood-fired oven retains its nutritional value, and the toppings add a significant amount to it.
It is always dependent on the time pizza cooked in those ovens takes.
That is why this makes it the best cooking option. On the other hand, the conventional oven cooks for a longer time, which degrades the nutrients in the food.
Which Type of Pizza Oven is Best For You?
You are now considering which type of pizza oven is best for you. I believe it would depend on the points I have mentioned above.
You must select the appropriate oven, which can reach temperatures ranging from 500 to 750 °F, and the best part is that the pizza cooks in just 60 to 90 seconds.
If you want to be a long-lasting oven with a quick experience, you should choose the right brand. You can set it up in your backyard, and more people will be able to join your company.
It will become a part of your people gatherings and the pizza parties.
An outdoor pizza oven is the best investment if you take your pizza cooking journey to the next level. There are now some reasonably priced portable ovens that can produce very delicious wood-fired pizza.
If you were thinking about purchasing one, you now have all the information you need.
I am confident that it will be an unforgettable experience for you. Its ability to retain heat for a long time while cooking your food faster made it superior to standard ovens found in your home or traditional kitchen.
So make your decision today and give a chance to outdoor cooking!
Author Bio & Story Archive
Apilinaro Silvia is a chef, food lecturer, and author (Backyard Pizza Ovens, 2011) with over 20 years of experience in the food industry. She always writes and publishes the family secrets for making authentic, homemade Italian cuisines. She writes for a variety of international publications.